Last Updated on 27 July 2022 by HSR
The two-day Amazon Prime Day 2022 celebration in India concluded successfully this past weekend (July 23 and 24), with members around the nation enjoying the finest deals, discounts, new items, blockbuster entertainment, and more. The company claims that over 32,000 businesses had their best-ever sales day on this year’s Prime Day thanks to purchases made by Prime members from 95% of Indian pin codes.
The number of people who signed up for Prime membership on Prime Day this year was 1.5 times higher than it was last year, according to data provided by Amazon India. Two out of every three new members came from locations other than the top 10 towns and cities, including Rourkela, Mokokchung, Kullu, Dholpur, Nagapattinam, Tonk, Sehore, Kanchipuram, Raebareli, and Rourkela.
Additionally, Prime Video’s Prime Day entertainment programme for India received appreciation from both domestic and foreign customers. India’s Prime Day releases on Prime Video have been watched in more than 230 nations and territories as well as more than 3800 Indian cities and towns.
Amazon Prime Day Sale 2022: Highlights
- 5 times more new Prime members joined than last year, with 2 out of 3 joining from Tier 2-3-4 towns/cities.
- Customers used 11,738 pin codes to shop from 50% more sellers than the previous Prime Day.
- 70% of merchants from Tier 2-3-4 cities, including Kolhapur, Surat, Ghaziabad, Raipur, Coimbatore, Mangalore, Jalandhar, and Cuttack, received orders. These sellers include craftsmen, weavers, women entrepreneurs, start-ups, and offline businesses.
- 32,000 sellers had their best day ever. Compared to last Prime Day, 18% more merchants grossed over 1 crore and 38% more sellers sold over 1 lakh.
- Local Amazon.in sellers saw sales quadruple. Authentic Indian handlooms, handicrafts, and artisanal companies saw 4.5X sales growth as customers bought authentic Indian handlooms and handicrafts.
- Amazon Saheli entrepreneurs doubled their sales during this year’s Prime Day sale.
- Prime members were delighted with thousands of products launched across 500+ top brands like Samsung, Sony, HiSense, Boat, Faber, Eureka-Forbes, Colgate, Adidas, Safari, LG, Philips, Van Heusen, Puma, Dabur, Tresseme, MamaEarth. Groceries, beauty, apparel, smartphones, home & kitchen, personal computing, electronics, and shoes were the most popular purchases among Prime Members in India.
- During Prime Day, Amazon Fire TV Stick and Echo Dot were among the top five best-selling products.
- Customers in India asked over 7.5 million questions to Alexa during Prime Day on the Amazon Shopping app (Android) for searching for products, best deals, information about new launches, bill payments, and listening to Prime Music.
- Amazon Pay was used by one in every two Prime Day shoppers, with 72% coming from Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
Amazon’s new leadership concept is that “Success and Scale bring broad responsibility”. e-corporation has taken initiatives to establish more sustainable operations around the country. This Prime Day, Amazon deployed a big fleet of electric vehicles (EVs) across India, up 4.5X from last year, to deliver tens of thousands of parcels over a distance of 160,000 km.
Commenting on the success of the event, Akshay Sahi, Director, Prime and Delivery Experience, Amazon India said,
Prime Day is a celebration of our Prime members; Small & medium businesses and we are truly humbled by their participation. We had thousands of deals, 500+ new product launches from brand partners and sellers and exciting blockbuster entertainment which our customers loved. The strong growth of new Prime member sign-up especially from smaller towns and cities across India is a strong testament to Amazon Prime’s commitment to provide unmatched value to our members, every day.
Read more: Amazon Mobile Saving Days: Check out the deals and offers