In Thailand, vivo unveiled the Y30 5G, a new mid-range 5G smartphone in the Y series. It has a 6.51-inch HD+ display, a Mediatek Dimensity 700 SoC with support for 5G SA/NSA, 6GB of RAM, Android 12 with realme UI 2.0 on top, and dual rear cameras with a 50-megapixel primary camera and a 2-megapixel macro camera. It also has a 6.51-inch HD+ display, a Mediatek Dimensity 700 SoC, and 6GB of RAM. On the front, there is an 8-megapixel camera.
It sports a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, a 5000mAh battery, and 10W charging compatibility. The specifications and design are comparable to the iQOO U5e that was unveiled in China last month, with the exception of the rear camera and charging.
vivo Y30 5G specifications
- 6.51-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 LCD screen
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 12 with Funtouch OS 12
- Dual SIM
- 50MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 2MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164×75.84×8.25mm; Weight: 193g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) / 4890mAh (minimum) battery with 10W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The vivo Y30 5G comes in Rainbow Fantasy and Starlight Black colours, is priced at 8,699 Thai Bhat (US$ 236 / Rs. 18,910 approx.) and is already on sale in Thailand.