Jio unveiled its wireless internet service, AirFiber, last year, and the telecom operator made the launch date official at this year’s AGM. Finally, the day has here, and Jio’s AirFiber has too. This will compete with Airtel’s recently unveiled Xstream AirFiber offering. In addition to JioFiber, it is present. Here is everything you need to know.
Jio AirFiber Plans
The Jio AirFiber plans start at Rs 599, which is cheaper than Airtel’s Xstream AirFiber. It comes in two variants: AirFiber and AirFiber Max (could be limited to select areas). It can be bought for a validity of 6 or 12 months. Here are the prices.
- Rs 599(+18%GST) plan: 30Mbps speeds, 550+ live channels, 14 OTT apps
- Rs 899(+18%GST) plan: 100Mbps speeds, 550+ live channels, 14 OTT apps
- Rs 1,199(+18%GST) plan: 100Mbps speeds, 550+ live channels, 14 OTT apps, along with Netflix, Amazon Prime, and JioCinema Premium
Jio AirFiber Max
- Rs 1,499(+18%GST) plan: 300Mbps speeds, 550+ live channels, 14 OTT apps, along with Netflix, Amazon Prime, and JioCinema Premium
- Rs 2,499(+18%GST) plan: 500Mbps speeds, 550+ live channels, 14 OTT apps, along with Netflix, Amazon Prime, and JioCinema Premium
- Rs 3,999(+18%GST) plan: 1000Mbps speeds, 550+ live channels, 14 OTT apps, along with Netflix, Amazon Prime, and JioCinema Premium
Jio AirFiber Availabilty
The service is now available in Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, and Kolkata. If you want to get it, you can give a missed call on “60008-60008” or visit Jio’s website, or go to the nearest store and register with the necessary details, and pay Rs 100 as the adjustable booking amount. An executive will get in touch with you and if your area is eligible, you will be able to get it.
Jio Air Fiber Router and Installation Fees
- Jio Air Fiber consists of two devices one WiFi 6 enabled router and another outdoor unit.
- Outdoor unit will be installed at the terrace (roof) and router will be connected to outdoor unit via Cable.
- Installation charges – ₹1,000 Installation charges if someone chooses 6 months plan and if someone purchases 12 months plan then Installation will be Free.
- Installation starts from 1 October, 2023.
- Jio AirFiber available only in 6 months or 12 months plans.
- Booking charges – Rs. 100 INR
- Jio AirFiber will offer same Download and Upload speeds.
- Jio AirFiber comes with 3.3TB data per month just like Jio Fiber.
- Jio fiber is better than Jio AirFiber clearly mentioned on their website.
Jio AirFiber is based on the SA 5G architecture and supports Jio True 5G and Wi-Fi 6, much like Xstream AirFiber. Jio will also provide the Wi-Fi router, the 4K Smart set-top box, and the voice-activated remote control without any extra cost, which is great. The process of using it will be simple, you just plug it in and set it up to get started. You can use the Jio app for controls and customizations.