By 2023, Reliance Jio will have successfully deployed the 5G network throughout the country’s major cities. The telco has more than 100 locations where its standalone 5G network is now operational, and it is expanding into additional urban areas every day. The telco has increased the reach of its 5G network into the cities of Chhattisgarh, Bihar, and Jharkhand.
Jio True 5G the network connectivity is now live in Chhattisgarh (Raipur, Durg, Bhilai), Bihar (Patna, Muzaffarpur), Jharkhand (Ranchi, Jamshedpur), Karnataka (Bijapur, Udupi, Kalaburagi, Bellary), Odisha (Rourkela, Brahmapur), Kerala (Kollam), Andhra Pradesh (Eluru) and Maharashtra (Amravati) and more cities. “Technology is a great uniter. Jio is proud to launch its Jio True 5G services in the three states of Chhattisgarh, Bihar and Jharkhand and extend its reach in five states of Karnataka, Odisha, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra, during such an auspicious time which is marked by festivities, including Makar Sankranti, Lohri, Pongal, and Bihu,” said Jio’s spokesperson.
Here is the list of all the cities where Jio 5G is now live.
Jio 5G cities: Full list
- October 4, 2022: Delhi, Mumbai, Varanasi, Kolkata
- October 22, 2022: Nathdwara, Chennai
- November 10, 2022: Bengaluru, Hyderabad
- November 11, 2022: Gurugram, Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad
- November 23, 2022: Pune
- November 25, 2022: 33-districts of Gujarat
- December 14, 2022: Ujjain temples
- December 20, 2022: Kochi, Guruvayur temple
- December 26, 2022: Tirumala, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Guntur,
- December 28, 2022: Lucknow, Trivandrum, Mysuru, Nashik, Aurangabad, Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Zirakpur, Kharar, Derabassi
- December 29, 2022: Bhopal, Indore
- January 5, 2023: Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack
- January 6, 2023: Jabalpur, Gwalior, Ludhiana, Siliguri
- January 7, 2023: Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur
- January 7, 2023: Agra, Kanpur, Meerut, Prayagraj, Tirupati, Nellore, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Nagpur, Ahmednagar.
- January 15, 2023: Raipur, Durg, Bhilai, Patna, Muzaffarpur, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Udupi, Kalaburagi, Bellary, Rourkela, Brahmapur, Kollam, Eluru and Amravati.
With the recent launches, Jio has announced to become the first and the only operator to launch 5G in the majority of cities in India. However, it is to be noted that Jio 5G is in beta mode and not all the users living in 5G cities will get direct access to the network. Jio will send a Welcome invite to users when the network is ready to use in their area.
What is Jio Welcome offer?
If the users who have a 5G enabled phone has downloaded the latest system update to Support, they have higher chances to get the Jio 5G Welcome offer. Under the offer, Jio users will get unlimited 5G internet consumption at no extra cost.
However, to use 5G Jio users will have to make sure that they have an active mobile recharge plan- prepaid or postpaid- for Rs 239 or higher.