As anticipated, POCO just introduced the POCO M5, the most recent M series smartphone, in India. It sports an 8-megapixel front camera and a 6.58-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with a 90Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate. The device runs Android 12 with MIUI 13 and is powered by a MediaTek Helio G99 SoC with up to 6GB of RAM and compatibility for 5G SA/NSA.
The phone sports a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, flat sides, and a leather-like appearance on the back. Along with a 50MP back camera, it also features 2MP and 2MP macro cameras. It has a 5000mAh battery and supports 18W rapid charging. A 22.5W charger is included in the box.
POCO M5 specifications
- 6.58-inch (2408 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with up to 500 nits brightness, 90Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G99 6nm processor (2x Cortex-A76 @ 2.2GHz
6x Cortex-A55 @ 2GHz) with Arm Mali-G57 MC2
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 11 with MIUI
- 50MP rear camera with ISOCELL JN1 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP portrait sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res Audio
- Dust and Splash resistant (IP52)
- Dimensions: 163.99×76.09×8.9mm; Weight: 201g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
Pricing and specifications
The POCO M5 comes in Icy Blue, Power Black and POCO Yellow colours and is priced at Rs. 12,499 for the 4GB + 64GB model and the 6GB + 128GB model costs Rs. 14,999. It will be available as a part of Flipkart Big Billion Days Special sale from September 13th.